Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Playing it old school

I love sharing pleasures from my childhood with the girls. Little things that leave huge imprints on my life. Things that seem to have been forgotten in the technology age. Tonight, I got to show the girls what "cellphones" we're like when I was their age. How we communicated from bed to bed or room to room. That's right I made them a cup phone. And watching their joy and hearing the laughter the simple little toy brought them did my heart good. Because I want my girls to learn that you can find happiness in the most plain things. It seems so easy for society to get caught up in the new and shinny to forget about how great life was when you came home when street lights came on, you drank from the hose on a hot summer day, or the instant pleasure a letter in the mail was. These are things I want my girls to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment