Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11

Today marks the 12 year anniversary of one of the USA's saddest days. Even after all these years I can remember where I was and how I felt when we heard the news. At 13yrs old, I was too young to truly grasp what it all meant. But I remember the sorrow, the fear and the numbness of that day. I still find myself at a loss for words when it comes to describing the day or what I felt because it all seems so small compared to the impact of 9/11/01. However, this evening I stumbled across http://www.911day.org/ It's a website where people can pledge to do a good deed in honor of 9/11 and the people lost. I honestly can't think of a more full filling way to remember today and what it means to this country and myself. I pledged to do a good deed today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment