Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday, Ladybug

Dear Ladybug,

I love you so much and can not believe you are 5years old today. Officially a big girl and for you this is such a monumental day. You've been planning and talking about turning five since before you were even four. Mommy, on the other hand, is far from ready. You seem to grow and become more and more independent as the days go on. I'm not ready for you to be a big girl, for you to be five. I wish, I could pause time to savor your snuggles and stories. To have a few more random kisses and cuddle moments. 

You are so wonderful and have so many grand qualities and gifts. Even though your sassy stubbornness can drive Daddy and me a littl crazy, it's one of my favorite things about you. Those personality quirks will take you places and help you over come so many of life's obsticals. You have this love and passion for life. And an imagination that allows you to see things in a crazy magical light. These things will help you achieve new heights and follow your destiny. 

Then there's this sweet, sensitive side to you. Oh, how I love that side of you. You embrace everyone and see only good in others. You cry during movies or books and feel for people who are hurting. Your heart is beautiful and pure. I know, sometimes you dislike your sensitivity, but Ladybug, embrace it. It's a very special gift and you bring so much joy and love to the world through it. 

Ladybug, you are so many things. A princess, an adventurer, a teacher, a photographer, a friend, a golden heart and so many more. This is just the first step today. The first step toward your dreams and goals. I am so proud to be your mommy and honored to be here with you every step. You changed my life when you were born. You made me a better person snd filled my heart with so much love and light. 
I can't believe it's been five years since I held you for the first time. Since the moment you looked into my soul and brought out the good. Ladybug, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

With love every step of the way, 
Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment