Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Monday, November 4, 2013

Trendy tot: dress up

Linking up with Trendy Tot Tuesday again today. This has to be one of my favorite type of posts and I am making it a blogging goal to join each week for the rest of the year. 

Anyway, one of my VERY favorite things about having little girls is dress up time. I loved dress up when I was little and would use just about anything I could. I'm talking dresses made from sheets, hats made out of books, etc. Luckily, my girls have that same enthusiasm and I'm loving every moment of dress up time. My favorites though are when dress up crosses into day to day life. When we leave their bedroom or the confines of our home and they get to be characters all day. Here are a couple examples. 
I love looking at the costume sales after Halloween. It's the best place to find good dress up clothes. The kind that actually lasts through a few years of toddler and little girl play. This year however the pickings were slim and I had all but given up. The. ladybug spotted these super girl shirts and my girls had to have them. As in wanted to put them on in the store right that second, had to have them. The shirts are a little too big which is ok since they were cheap and it means they can wear them through this year and next too. Win win! Add in a tutu for good measure, and I now have two crime fighting herons. They loved being herons and constantly ask to wear them again and again. Actually, I had to bribe Lil Giraffe with her princess Sofia shirt to get her to change clothes. 
Speaking of, this is Lil Giraffe....I mean Princess Sofia. As soon as she sees this shirt in her closet it is all she talks about until I put her in it. Then for the rest of the day or longer if she is stubborn, my little girl becomes a princess. She even insists on being called Princess Sofia. Then there's my Ladybug princess and her dolly. She picked these outfits out with her birthday money from Great Grandma. I love this picture, because she looks soooo very young here. She is a princess most days, but she prefers to be the save her kingdom kinda princess and that is ok by me.

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of shopping the after Halloween sales to score some fun dress up clothes! Such a great tip! You're little girl is the cutest! Glad you will be linking up each week....we were faithful TTT participants until I had to take a few weeks off to rebrand my shop/update my blog, but we're back this week and couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, if you can, the costumes are a better quality and often times cheaper than regular dress up clothes. I would recommend it to any mom of little girls. Bonus, you get more than the normal princess clothes. My oldest favorite outfit is her witch/vampire dress we bought three years ago. She wears it constantly and it still looks new.

      Delete
  2. We shopped at Target this past weekend and grabbed a bunch of dress up clothes! They look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I was so sad when I went to ours and it was too picked over.

      Delete