Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finish this

1. I celebrate Valentine’s Day by 
Honestly, I'm not big on Valentines day and much to my husband's dismay hate doing anything special for us. I'd rather go out on the 15th or any other night. I don't think you should need a special day to say "I love you." That being said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I insist on doing something for the girls. So, we get them a little something to show our love. My mom always did it for us kids and I felt so special. This year the girls also decided to be each other's valentine! I love their love for each other. 

2. My heart goes pitter-patter for  
Random moments or surprises. I don't want this big huge showing or crazy blown up event. My husband making me a cool picture, or "here's your sign" sign. Having him reach for me after a long day to just cuddle for a moment. When the girls say "I love you" without promoting. All those tiny moments that can be over looked if your not careful. The ones that say "I love you and I want you to know it" not "I love you and need to prove it to the world." 

3. When looking for romance, my best advice is 

STOP! Dont make a long list of traits you hope for, don't try and force something that isn't there, and stop living to find that someone. When you stop looking and find your own happiness, that's when you will find real romance. 

4. My favorite love story (real or fiction) is  my grandparents. I've blogged about them before, but their love is so real. They have this crazy over the moon still in the honeymoon phase after 50years love story. They support each other and fight for one another. Tonight, my grandma hid in the bathroom to call me. She wanted to remind me that Grandpa turns 70 tomorrow. He isn't happy about it and she wanted to make sure he felt loved. She wanted to remind me to call him in the morning so he would smile. She stayed by his side all summer when he was in the hospital and gives up so much to be by his side everyday. Gives up seems wrong when describing them, because the love they have and all the wonderful things they share far out way the bad. They have a marriage I aim for. Their love is true and perfect. 

5.The best relationship/love/dating advice I ever received Find the person that no matter how crazy life gets or how crazy they drive you, you can't image life without them. And then no matter what fight for that love and cherish every moment. It's too easy these days to give up, to get divorced or move on from each other. So, don't let it be easy. Fight for your love and your relationship. Life and love aren't easy or fairy tales. It's hard work to have a relationship sometimes and in those moments of doubt and pain, Even anger, if there's still a little light of hope, fight. I stayed and together we fought for our marriage. Because of that I know we will grow old together. 


5 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet! Are we not blessed when our parents and grandparents have lasting marriages? They're such oddities nowadays. HIGH FIVE for celebrating love on random days and "just because" the moment is right, not because the calendar says it's February 14. ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your grandparents love story is your favorite that's just awesome. That is such a cute picture of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome to have a love story like your grandparents' to look to and learn from. If only all couple could see the benefits of having a partner for life instead of flings and divorces and what not.

    Great advice about not making lists! I was just thinking about how it was so funny that I had this whole long list in high school/college that were total requirements and my boyfriend is sooo not any of those things! Funny how life works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't go overboard on holidays either, but I will say that it gives me goose bumps when he brings home flowers and it makes me smile to see he saves my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on what makes my heart pitter-patter - its amazing how the littlest things can warm the heart the most!!
    And an amazing beautiful story about your grandparents, I can see why its your most treasured and loved love story.

    ReplyDelete