Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Finish this


My favorite comfort food is...... That totally depends on the reason I want comfort. If I am sick the. It's green bean stew (which is really not a stew or a soup). My mom created it when I was little and we didn't have a lot. It's the only soup I eat and I'm pretty sure I am the only in my entire family that eats it. 


My most memorable birthday was turning 21. We had Ladybug two months earlier, it was the middle of Dec. in MT. Which means we were snowed in. Like really snowed in, the temp was -30 or colder, there was an all out blizzard going on and my wonderful Hubbins made a point that I would get drunk still. So, my sister and him went and bought a ton of alcohol. Our upstairs neighbor came down and a friend we had just meant came too. So the five of us adults got totally drunk in our little studio apartments living room area. Thankfully, my Hubbins stayed mostly sober and our little bundle slept threw most of the crazy. It was such a fun, random and maybe not best parent moment kinda night. It will forever be a favorite. 

The best karaoke song is.....aside from singing along to the radio, or movies, or basically any kind of music playing thing I don't do karaoke. It's just not something I can do but I love to watch and if it's a large group I totally will. One of the rare times I have done karaoke was years ago and it was to "Love Shack." My sister, Little Scott and me...,oh good random times. 

Boots make me feel.....cowgirl boots make me feel like getting dirty and doing something wild. Snow boots= "do you want to build a snowman" I would totally love make snow making powers. Other boots just make me feel like a put together mom. Is that weird that when I wear boots some how I become a well dressed, going places, making memories kind of mom? 

I am grateful for my faith. It's new and exciting but very hard. I'm struggling with finding my purpose with God and where he wants me to go. However, having my faith had given me so much hope. Also my crazy big sometimes dysfunctional family. Yeah, I love you all! 


Side note: I am so sorry this post is random. It's very late and I am very sleep deprived. So please forgive me. 

7 comments:

  1. No need to apologize, sweet girl, part of the "Finish This" fun is its randomness! I love that you have a family 'comfort food' recipe and I completely agree that there are different foods for different situations.

    Your green stew reminds me of a funny story on my Nana: her son's favorite comfort food is homemade chicken noodle soup. She made a big batch one day planning to serve it at family dinner, plus send leftovers home with my uncle. On this special occasion, she had even made the noodles from scratch and to make it 'prettier' she usually added a drop or two of yellow food coloring. She went to the eye doctor earlier in the morning and her eyes were really dilated. When she got home and finished her soup, she used GREEN food coloring instead. It was the weirdest LOOKING soup, but it tasted just as wonderful as it always did. Needless to say, it was a family dinner full of laughs and everybody had green tongues!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that story. Honestly, it sounds like something I would do.....

      Delete
  2. Totally agree that boots make me feel like a put together mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really intrigued by the green bean soup! Sounds really cool. It is indeed a funny mystery why boots can make us feel like put together moms, perfect way to describe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nothing super special. A couple cans of green beans, some bacon, some beef broth and whatever seasonings or noodles you want. It sounds odd but it reminds me of my mom and home

      Delete
  4. We have green bean soup at our house. I would love to know how you make yours. I struggle with my faith as well. There are just days that I cannot believe my loving God wants me to go through this. Keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. green bean stew sounds really interesting!
    And I love your birthday story!
    Randomness is the name of the game with this link up sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete