Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Finish this

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and blog lately. Usually, it s a quick update via my phone. This morning though I have a moment and wanted to sit down and blog finish this. 

My favorite recipe is …I don't really have a favorite. I love to cook and truth be told rarely follow a recipe. (Except when baking.) I love twisting the recipe or making adjustment. Mostly they are just a guide line for me. 

I believe in …God, magic, fate, love, inner strength and so much more. The world is so vast and our lives seem to be just a speck among all of it. I believe that fairies, unicorns, and all that exist. I believe that God is real and true. I believe that love and inner strength can conquer everything. I believe that we have a destiny or fate but the choices we make define how that fate happens. I believe that there is always beauty to be found even in the ugliest of places or people. I believe. 

I need to set boundaries …when saying "yes." I struggle with saying no. I actually have a pretty stressful physical reaction when I tell people no or when I am upset with them and don't say anything. I hate making people I love mad at me, even when I am in the right. Or they hurt me. I am slowly learning that saying no and being truly honest with how I feel is one of the best thing I can do for me. 

I began living when …I became a mom. I was always a little crazy and did not so smart things when I was younger. I went to parties, I had unsavory relationships, and I did things I knew were reckless. But the moment I heard our oldest daughter's heart beat, felt her kick for the first time and held her in my arms, those are the moments I really began to live. To allow someone in, to really feel my heart fill up with overwhelming love. To want to do things right and be there. My girls saved me in more ways than one. 

8 comments:

  1. Love your "I believe in" answers.... I also have a hard time saying no sometimes. I do not like when people in my life are upset with me. :( And children are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think of recipes are more guidelines, too! In my head, it's a list of ingredients {important} and cooking time {important}. As long as they all get in the dish for the right amount of time, nothing else matters. Who cares if your cookie dough wasn't stirred with a wooden spoon that your great-grandfather hand-carved from a tree in his neighbor's backyard?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Lol. The spoon cracks me up. Truth be told I don't even always use the list of ingredients. Actually, I rarely use the right ones or the right amounts.

      Delete
  3. PREACH on the time commitments and boundaries, I"m right there with ya!!!!! It's so hard for me to tell someone "no", but I'm getting better .... especially now that I'm a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned to say no the hard way about 30 years ago. Along with adding no to my vocabulary I learned to use humor to soften the no blow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must cook about the same way! lol I can never recreate a dish exactly the same way I did the time before because I don't measure ingredients enough and always change things up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can definitely relate to your "boundary" response. I feel the SAME exact way as you. I hate, hate, hate saying no, and I need to learn to say it more, especially to people who don't deserve a yes. I just always end up feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete