Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Finish this

 The best compliment I ever received …I have to say it was "We are thinking of having you babysit because you are such an amazing mother." The short back story, one of the couples in our small group is expecting this coming fall/winter, and they know that I help care for my niece and nephews. They asked me to watch their baby and it was so wonderful to hear that I am doing a good job. For someone outside my family to tell me, I'm rocking this Mom thing. 

Wearing red lipstick makes me feel …like a clown. With my redhair, I feel like I just can't pull it off. But I do love dark pinks or burgundies. Those make me feel powerful and sexy. 

The best investment I’ve made …giving my time to people who need it. Wether it's extra one on one with the girls, helping with my niece and nephews, volunteering,  or anything else. There's something so rewarding about all those moments were I invested my time and heart. 

My best childhood memory …that's so very hard because I have so many. Living in Japan and all the color, culture and joy. Hanging out with my brothers, camping, trampolines, becoming friends with Sheena and all the crazy adventures we went on, catching my first fish, watch Gilmore girls with my mom, having my mom as an art teacher, sledding on the hood of a car that's being pulled by a pick up truck though the field, the silly games played at recess during my year at Riverview elementary......... There are so many wonderful amazing moments that I don't think I can pick one of mine. However, my father's favorite was when he took my two older brothers and me to the park. I was swinging and the boys were off doing boy things. All of a sudden an older boy came over to me and tried to kick me off the swing. My brothers came from opposite ends on the park and stood between the bully and me. They protected me. My dad tells this story regularly and it's something that I hold in a rose colored glass bubble. My brothers have always been there to protect me. I love them for it or hate them depending on the day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your responses this week, thanks for sharing and the story of your "protective" brothers is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you had a great childhood.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete