Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year in Review 2014



Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
Will you make more for next year?

I'm not big on making resolutions. I actually avoid making them. Though this year, Hubbins and I have decided to make a "live list." A list of all the things we want to do and experience in 2015. 
Did anyone close to you give birth? 
My best friend gave birth to her third child and first daughter! We also had new friends become new parents.
Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, there were no deaths in 2014
What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More family time and confidence in myself. I feel like 2014 was a year of relearning who I am; of finding my voice again. I really want to keep on that track and build my selfcofidence.
What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
Wow, this is really hard. There were a lot of really great moments in 2014. But I think the best moment was the day before Father's day. When I woke up so excited to take a little test and then jumped on our bed to wake hubbins with the news. We had gone back and forth about having a third baby, and having my heart overflow with joy at that little plus sign was priceless. Knowing that we would finally be a complete family is simply indescribable. 
What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmmm......I didn't really do a lot of shopping or buying of big things. I don't think there is anything specific that we bought. If I have to pick something it is my stroller. I love this thing. It's one of those crazy expensive ones and I got it in like new condition for $50.00. It fits Jozy now and will be perfect for Button. 
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Watching the girls grow this year has been amazing. They never cease amazing me with their ability to adjust and overcome life's obstacles. But this year watching Hubbins transformation has been astounding. He has become the most amazing husband and friend. I am so excited to see what 2015 has in store for him.
Where did most of your money go?
Bills and things to get ready for a baby. We had gotten rid of most of our baby stuff, so its been expensive to recollect. 
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out we are pregnant with lucky number three was the most exciting news. But we also got to start new adventures and take an awesome trip to Washington for a visit to my brother's. 
What song will always remind you of 2014?
There are a lot of songs that stick out this year.
My top would have to be Mom by Garth Brooks
Something in the water by Carrie Underwood

I may add to this list but right now those are the songs that seem to fit best.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happier

Thinner or fatter? Fatter (since I am 33weeks preggo)
Richer or poorer? about the same
What do you wish you’d done more of?
Explored more and made more time to have fun with family.
What do you wish you’d done less of?
stressed
Did you fall in love in 2014?
I fell in love all over again with Hubbins. This was a year of challenges and struggles. But we overcame so much and I got to fall madly in love all over again. 
Who were your best friends?
Sheena and Laura
What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
I like to think I was a great shoulder to lean on for others. 
What were your favorite TV programs?
Bones is still my favorite program, though Hubbins and I got into Arrow. 
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?.
no
What was the best book you read in 2014?
Power of a Praying Wife. I haven't finished it but I really like the book and the principles. 
What was your greatest musical discovery?.
That Ladybug has an insane ear for music
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and since I was sick this year not much. I did some Christmas shopping with my Hubbins and sis-in-law, then we played some board games. Just an awesome low key family day. 
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My family. 
What kept you sane?
My blog and journal. Writing has always been my greatest therapy.
Who do you miss?
Lots of people. My two best friends and of course all my family that lives too far away. 
Who are the best new persons you met this year?
Amelia Bedila, my niece. Does that count? I think it should. I love my family and meeting my littlest niece was the best! Plus, she is a spit fire like her aunty. 
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
To always focus on the good and trust in God's path. There were a lot of road blocks this year and things that I didn't think we could get through. But truly we came out stronger and better. 
Quote that sums up your year:
"Things get better, they always do. Getting there is just the hard part!"

No comments:

Post a Comment