Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2 weeks and 5 days

Today Button has officially been home longer than she was in the nicu. It's amazing that the last 2 weeks and 5 days seemed to fly by at warp speed but the same time frame in the NICU seemed slug slow.

I'm grateful every moment of everyday. I love the 2am, 4am and sometime all night nursings. I love holding her whenever I want and not having to put her down. I love watching the girls with her and seeing their bonds grow! It's amazing how much more I embrace all the good, bad and ugly of having a newborn. Or maybe it's just that I'm more aware of how very precious this time is! 

On the flip side, I worry more. Each squeak or rasp sends me into a panic. I find myself checking to see if she's breathing every few moments when she is asleep. If she sounds stuffy or won't settle down, my mommy heart speeds up. I don't know if these fears of her regressing will ever go away. 

I also wonder if she would be a different sort of baby if she wasn't in the NICU. For instance she loves tummy time. So is it a trait for being in the NICU and being laid on her tummy, or is she just a naturally a belly kid. Or she is so chill and just likes to watch everything. Is it from the time laying in her crib for hours or......  I try not to ponder all of that much. I can change the past, and truthfully I love her for her. Wether or not the traits came from being a NICU baby, they are a part of her completely. And I love her. 

I'll never forget the day we brought her home (or any of those 2 weeks and 5 days). But the moment we were all five together finally is etched in my heart. I remember feeling like the last part of the lock finally fell into the place and we opened up this amazing love. Our family is whole and it's wonderfully perfect!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment