Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Random advice

I feel like there's a constant flow of advice that heads your way once you become a parent. Most of it unsolicited and doesn't actually work. For instance "sleep when the baby sleeps." Has this worked for anyone? It certainly doesn't apply to me. I have three kids and I babysit my nephews and niece. Sleeping with Button is next to impossible. This is just one example of many, that just doesn't seem to work. So for my random piece of advice, I am using something that seems to. 

Embrace the moments, good or bad. This time is short lived and once gone greatly missed. 

If you are a parent, then you know how true that statement is. The newborn, cuddle with me all day, stage is so short. Soon they are rolling around, crawling, walking, and basically lose interest in constant snuggles. So embrace all the time with your baby. 

Be grateful for all night snuggle sessions and remember soon enough you'll be up all night worrying about where they are. Take time to soak in all the baby goodness. Pause all the busy rushing around, and just take the time to snuggle your baby, breath in their sweet scent. Stop and etch their tiny little features into memory. Before too long, they are no longer tiny. One day you'll blink and your brand new sweetheart is a kindergartner. 

So yes it sounds crazy, but embrace it all. Because even the over exhausted, can't remember your own name, moments will be missed. 

2 comments:

  1. Nooooooooo, when did my seven-pounder become a walking, jabbering, 28-pounder? I swear he's 14 months going to 34. Somebody get me a box of Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a parent, but I am very close with my 18 month old little brother. I moved back home when he was only a few months old, and we just have this amazing bond, and I look at pictures and he has just grown so much. He is becoming his own little person. My Mom and I just sit there and watch him and then look at each other and do the sad bottom lip. We really are trying to just embrace the moments with him, because you are right they go so quick, and we know we're gonna miss them.

    ReplyDelete