Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree


One of my very favorite traditions is decorating our tree right after Thanksgiving. My mom started the tradition and I remember how magical the whole night was. She would get out all the ornaments that each had a special memory, then we would all gather around to decorate the tree. We always ate meat and cheese trays for dinner with sparkling cider. There would be Christmas music playing or a Christmas movie in the background, while we came together as a family to relive all the fun times. 

From Bug's first Christmas, I knew that I wanted to keep this tradition alive. That I wanted the girls to remember the magic that is created when loved ones gather to create a beautiful tree of love and memories.
This year the girls asked to set the tree up the moment we got back from Yaya's Saturday night. They couldn't wait and so Sunday was dedicated to our tree. We had a few bumpy moments but mostly it was so much more magical this year. I actually didn't take many pictures because I was too busy enjoying the moment.

Ladybug took the above picture of Button, who LOVED the tree.
The first ornaments!

And the final touch.......
With Button being so little, we opted to hang our special ornaments on a garland up high. So the theme this year is seusical and I think the tree turned out amazing!
Ladybug had some homework and was so excited to get to do it in front of our tree.
Santa's helper taking a break.

Button loves her first Christmas tree. She spent the night crawling under it, playing with the ornaments or just sitting mesmerized by the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment