Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Puddle Jumping Lessons

After a busy, fun and exhausting Saturday I watched Jozy and her cousin playing in the puddles. We were at a small town event with tons of adults watching. Some cheered the girls on, some judged, and some reminded me the importance of being little.
I could have scolded the girls. I could have told them no for the 100th time. I could have gotten mad and made us leave. But I'm so glad I didn't. 
It's so easy to forget what it was like to be little. How tempting a mud puddle can be or the endless joy that comes from simple pleasures.
As parents we get caught up in "raising" good adults. We get are constantly teaching them responsibilities, how to follow rules, how to treat others, and so on. But sometimes we forget to teach them to seize the moment, to embrace life. We forget how important finding adventure, magic and joy really is. 
Boot will dry, clothes can be washed, and these memories will last a lifetime. So I am making a rule for myself! Let the kids be kids every possible moment of everyday. And you know what next time, I think I'll splash around too! 

Today I am also linking up with Talk about it Tuesday and I'm so excited!


4 comments:

  1. This is the best post, such joy :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh I love this so much! It is just so so sweet to see how much genuine fun they are having. you're so right-we do forget to just embrace the little things and let our kids have FUN for once instead of always teaching a "lesson" or something. Thanks for linking up-this is the perfect post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It was so much fun and with all the new rain, the girls are begging for more puddles. I'm hoping to break out the actual camera next time.

    And I love this link up. It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete