Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Raising Blondes with Redhead Attitude

Friday, June 3, 2016

I celebrated National Donut Day

Unless you are living under a rock or have blacked out all social media, you know that today was National Donut Day! It's basically an awesome holiday that encourages you to eat a donut! And next to National Hamburger Day and Hug a Redhead Day, is my favorite pointless holiday. So yes, I ate a donut! 

Before you roll your eyes and click the back button, I do have a point to this blog. I am trying to get healthier and as a by product lose some weight. I am no where near my goal weight but I am feeling a ton healthier. I also have more energy and a better love for my body. 

I also have three little girls who look up to me. They will learn to judge or not judge their figure on how I act. Because it's easy to blame the media for girls bad body image; in truth they start learning to hate the scale, or a little extra jiggle from home first. I don't want that for our girls. I also don't want them to have an unhealthy relationship with food, or struggle to be healthy their whole lives. 

So in my process to lose weight, I am not dieting! I refuse to diet! I refuse to only eat lettuce or consume a tiny amount of calories for a short while. I am changing my life. I am eating healthier and working out regularly. I am choosing healthy options, but not depriving myself either. 

I knew that I wanted a donut today, and that I would be buying some for the girls and their cousins. So I made good choices for breakfast and lunch. As a family we opted for a lighter healthier dinner. We played outside, I went for a walk and did a workout. 

Life is about balance. It's not about losing out on what you enjoy. It's not about depriving yourself. It's about jumping in and enjoying all that life has to offer. Why should this change to a healthier happier me, be any different? 

Diets don't work, or they rarely stick around. But making the choice to love me, care about me, and show our girls that sometimes you can have your donut and eat it too; is going to last. It is going to stick. 

I'm not a health expert or a doctor by any means. But I know that this way of thinking, of living, is working. I'm getting results and I am still enjoying life. 

I hope you celebrated too and didn't let a scale dictate your life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment